The days of using simple packaging boxes to protect products are history. Now, companies customise their packaging to tell their brand story and boost the appearance of their products in order to attract customers. Custom boxes are very vital in the dynamic business environment of Brighton. The population of Brighton is 627,524 in 2024 and more than 16,000 businesses are working here. So, no matter how useful your product is, if you are unable to present it in an attractive manner, how can you sell more in this UK city? The answer is to use custom boxes in Brighton to get noticed.
You will be surprised to know that the demand for custom packaging is increasing at a rapid pace. The size of the global custom packaging market is huge. It was valued at £33.01 billion in 2022. In the following year, 2023, it was raised to grow from £34.48 billion in 2023. Also, it is expected to be projected to be £49.56 billion by 2030.
8 Tips to Buy Custom boxes in Brighton 2024
Now you know the worth of this great branding tool; the remaining part is how to buy custom boxes in Brighton. It’s now time to jump into the most important steps and numbers that will help you make informed choices and upgrade your packaging plan.
Step 1: Define Your Requirements
It’s essential to outline your packaging needs before you make the decision to buy custom boxes wholesale. Consider the following factors to tailor your search effectively:
Decide on the size of your custom boxes depending on the size of your products. To ensure a perfect fit, measure the length, width and height. For example:
- Length: 10 inches
- Width: 6 inches
- Height: 3 inches
- Quantity Needed: 500 boxes a month for shipping.
You have to select the right material for your boxes. These include cardboard, corrugated cardboard, Kraft and other special materials. These are the green packaging solutions that you must consider. You need to consider the longevity and protection required for your goods while thinking about materials.
3. Design Preferences:
It would help if you identify particular design features for your packaging. They include colour schemes, branding elements and any extra facilities. For this purpose, you can consider handles or windows. You should use these customisation options to boost brand visibility. They can be used to improve with a customised design. For example:
- Colour Percentages: 70% blue, 20% white and goldish.
- Branding Elements: Add logos, Stickers, and labels.
Determine the purpose of custom boxes. Knowing the intended usage, may that be retail display, shipment, or presentation of a product, will help design packaging that serves its purpose.
Step 2: Research Local Suppliers
The local suppliers for custom packaging in Brighton can serve you remarkably. They are based on available testimonials and reviews:
- Customer Satisfaction: 92% of customer satisfaction is found across different suppliers. It reflected a high level of contentment.
- Reliability and Timely Deliveries: Local suppliers of custom packaging in Brighton are showing constant. So, around 95% of reviews presented good quality with timely deliveries. Hence, it is guaranteed that brands will receive their orders for packaging as promised.
- Communication and Support: 88% of reviews highlighted the provision of excellent customer support. So, local suppliers are considered acquainted and communicate well with customers. They are leading to a good working relationship.
- Product Quality: The quality of packaging is praised in testimonials. They show an average satisfaction rate of 94%. Moreover, suppliers are committed to providing high-quality products.
- Cost-Effectiveness: It is true that the top packaging suppliers in Brighton, like Viveprinting, offer more than a 95% satisfaction ratio in terms of costs and quality.
Step 3: Assess Material Options
To make informed decisions on custom packaging materials, consider the pros and cons of various options in terms of product suitability, budget constraints, and environmental impact:
- Pros: It shows 70% cost-effectiveness and 80% versatility for most product types.
- Cons: It has 60% more fragile durability and 50% recyclable environmental impact.
- Pros: It gives 85% durability, strength and protection. It is 75% cost-effective.
- Cons: It is 30% less visually appealing and 40% less suitable for delicate items.
3. Kraft Paper
- Pros: It is 80% recyclable, eco-friendly, and 75% versatile.
- Cons: It is 60% less robust when dealing with heavy items. It is 50% costly.
- Pros: It is multipurpose with different coatings and painting. You can get the most beautiful appearance options with it. It offers 85% versatility. Also, it is 70% cost-effective.
- Cons: It is 65% less durable than other materials. So, it is not suitable for heavy or moisture-sensitive products.
Step 4: Determine Box Dimensions
To ensure secure transit and minimise excess packaging, follow these steps to determine the ideal box dimensions for your products:
Measure Products Accurately
- Use accurate measurements for the length, width and height of your products.
- Tip: For simplicity, round up each dimension to the nearest inch.
Calculate Total Volume
- So, to find the total volume in cubic inches, multiply these dimensions.
- Example: 10 x 8 x 5inches.
Consider Product Fragility
- Fragile items may need extra cushioning or space in the box. Alter dimensions to consider protective materials.
Snug Fit Percentage
- Choose a box that allows the volume of product to fill around 80 to 90% of the overall volume.
- Calculation: 100 × (Product Volume / Box volume).
Excess Packaging Reduction
- Stick to the smallest box that comfortably takes your product without any excess packaging.
- The sustainability goals were achieved by reducing excess packaging.
Step 5: Consider Printing and Branding
Review printing options for custom boxes carefully to improve your brand image and match with the marketing strategy. Here’s a guide with figures and percentages:
1. Printing Techniques:
- Digital Printing (CMYK): Ideal for detailed designs and fewer pieces. Also, it provides full-colour printing in a broad range of colours.
- Offset Printing: Useful for economical bulk solutions. It gives accurate colour reproduction.
- Screen Printing: Use it to get a clean, modern and dynamic look. It is beneficial for versatile use.
2. Branding Level:
- Brand Logo: Place your brand logo prominently so that people know who you are at once.
- Tagline/Brand Message: Clearly dispense your brand message on the surface of the box.
- Graphics and Imagery: Use charming visuals to improve brand design.
3. Customisation Levels:
- Partial Customisation (10-30%): Simple customisation with the logo and basic details.
- Moderate Customisation (30-60%): Use more graphics and brand details.
- Full Customisation (60-100%): Full surface customisation.
4.Embellishments and Finishes:
- Embossing/Debossing (5% to 15%): Provides a tactile sensation for high quality.
- Foil Stamping (5 to 10%): Luxurious touches – metallic finishes.
- Matte/Gloss Finish (10 to 20%): It increases the visual appeal with a smooth or shiny surface.
- Digital Printing: Economical for small batches at £0.39 to £2.36per box.
- Offset Printing: Affordable for larger orders, prices ranging from £0.079 to £1.57per box on average.
- Screen Printing: Average price, usually ranging from £0.79 to £3.93per box or suitable for medium-sized print runs.
Custom boxes can be made powerful and memorable by adjusting the printing, brand identity and personalisation based on your approach to building a stronger brand.
Step 6: Examine Samples or Proofs:
Before you order any type of custom printed boxes from any supplier, ask them some useful things such as:
Print Quality Evaluation:
Use standard colour systems such as PMS or CMYK. You need to do so to evaluate the print quality and colour accuracy. It will help you evaluate the results of different suppliers. Besides, you must check samples to maximise print quality. It will enable you to detect any defects.
Confirm Colour Accuracy and Overall Print Clarity:
You need to compare multiple prints. You should perform this step to evaluate colour accuracy. It will ensure that it is consistent and reflects your brand standards.
Image Resolution Check:
Never forget to check image resolution. If the artwork is pixelated, it can signify low resolution and undermine print quality.
For the purpose of facilitating effective communication and brand representation, it is essential to ensure that your print materials are of high standards. By following these steps, you will be able to maintain a commitment to quality in your printed materials.
Step 7: Obtain Custom Quotes
To make an informed financial decision when buying custom product boxes, follow these steps:
1. Contact Multiple Suppliers:
Contact several potential suppliers, including ones found on your search results list.
2. Provide Detailed Specifications:
Make your requirements very clear – what type and size of boxes you need, which materials to use and more. Ask if they offer any specific printing or branding. The more specific your requirements, the closer you will be to getting good quotes.
3. Request Pricing:
You must consider some helpful factors when you require a detailed price list from each supplier. They include:
- Cost per unit:Understand the cost associated with making each custom box.
- Bulk Discounts:Ask about discounts for larger order quantities because this can have a considerable impact on the final cost.
- Add Some Extra Features:If you need certain features or finishes, ask them to price out those particular customisation details.
4. Inquire About Shipping Costs
Shipping costs can vary wildly based on items like location and order size. Ask each supplier to provide shipping quotes for your chosen location. Some top suppliers offer free shipping to doorstep.
5. Consider Additional Fees
Remember any possible additional charges that may appear, such as setup fees or design and handling costs. Ensure all costs are clear so that there will be no hidden costs.
6. Compare Quotes
After getting quotations from several suppliers, compare the figures, considering all incurred charges. Look at the total cost and the value provided by each supplier.
7. Negotiate if Possible
If you are thinking about a long-term relationship or have received favourable offers, negotiate for the best possible price.
Using these steps, you can make an informed decision by receiving detailed quangos and selecting a supplier that meets your budget as well as quality requirements.
Step 8: Place Your Orders
Now, you are done with the design. Besides, you’re happy with what has been agreed upon. You have completed these tasks by negotiating between yourself and your supplier. It is now time to place an order. This critical step involves careful consideration and attention to detail:
You must make sure that all the provisions of the order, including prices, quantity and delivery periods, meet your unique demands. You must verify these details with the supplier before moving forward.
It will serve you the way you dream to verify the approved design and colour schemes. Moreover, you must examine logos and other customisation elements. Ensure that the design represents your brand correctly. Furthermore, it should be consistent with the specs you gave.
Use percentages to confirm certain design features. They include the proportion of colours used. Or how big logos are on custom boxes in UK. This is a quantitative approach that makes for precise verification.
You have to decide how many boxes to order. Suppliers often offer discounts if you are ordering a large quantity, so account for the cost implications of your orders based on volume.
You must know the payment terms. Also, you need to learn what kind of deposit is required. So, you understand that payments are accepted in instalments and the final payment plan.
Make sure to indicate the shipping address and any particular instructions on how your Custom packaging boxes are going to be delivered. Also, get to know shipping rates and the estimated delivery time.
It would help if you asked about the supplier’s quality control. It is necessary to ensure that they have quality checks in place so as not to produce defects or errors.
Review the Order:
Review the whole order summary, including all specs and conditions, before confirming it. This detailed check ensures that errors are avoided and the production process runs smoothly.
By taking these steps and focusing on the details, you increase the chances of obtaining high-quality custom boxes that meet your requirements.
Review of the Content
|Describe Your Needs:
|You have to specify the size, material and design preferences of your custom printed boxes. It would be beneficial to know the purpose, too. It is valuable to get more precise results.
|Research Regional Suppliers:
|Use customer satisfaction, reliability, communication skills, product quality, and cost-effectiveness as the factors to consider when choosing potential suppliers.
|Assess Material Options:
|Analyse the pros and cons of each material. Eco-friendly options are cardboard, corrugated, kraft, and paperboard. Consider your material as per your product needs and budget.
|Determine Box Sizes:
|You must measure products accurately to meet your product size. Also, find the total volume of specific items and handle fragile ones carefully if needed. Likewise, always try to get a perfect fit. Never go for oversized boxes or packaging waste.
|Consider Printing and Branding:
|Assess various printing methods, levels of branding, customisation opportunities, embellishments and finishes. Likewise, check the pricing structures to design effective personalised boxes.
|Overcome risks by asking for samples. It will guarantee quality assurance, durability testing and visual inspection. You should do it before placing a big order.
|Obtain Custom Quotes:
|It would help if you contact several suppliers. You should present your specs in detail and request quotes. They include the price per unit, rates for volumes of purchase, shipping charges and terms, and extra functions. All of these factors should be included in the offered prices.
|Place Your Order:
|Check terms, design endorsement, numerical proofreading or verification of the number of boxes. Know your quantity to be ordered, costs implied about payments, as well as the same details related to delivery. After that, ensure quality assurance. When you do so, you can go on to confirm the whole order summary.
You need to consider certain things when looking to purchase custom boxes in Brighton. It requires careful planning and due consideration of several elements. Some of them are the evaluation of your needs and studies on local suppliers. Similarly, carefully examine the available materials and decide on box size dimensions. Likewise, check the printing and branding considerations. After that, you need to request samples and quotes about production time terms and conditions. After finalising all design details, this journey is more dedicated to achieving packaging perfection. With this knowledge, businesses in Brighton can venture into the realm of custom packaging solutions and ensure that their products are not only protected but also presented to clients in a way they will appreciate.
Wish to know more! Check our Custom Boxes Purchasing Guide 2024 – Canterbury Edition